Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Life, Biopsies and Felting

Started the day with a run of the mill mammogram which morphed into an all day biopsy marathon. "They" have been following a 'thing' in my right breast for 2 years....today the radiologist decided although it hadn't grown it had changed shape slightly.....he was quick to point out it could easily be because it was a different machine and told me not to worry.....HA say that to any breast cancer survivor and see what happens......and so from the depths of where ever strength comes from I sucked it up and proceeded with an exhausting day...went back at 11:30 am the allotted biopsy time (after taking and ativan and having a hyper gerbil like conversation with my landlord about what Im not sure)walked down the long hall in my blue gown like I was walking to the gallows....got on the table and waited and waited.....they could not find the biopsy gun......after about 20 minutes it was discovered that they were all down being sterilized and could I come back at 3.....well, not much choice and no point in whining.....so I toodled home. Wrapped my boob in a plastic bag and duct tape to protect the x marks the spot and had a bath to de-stress.....didn't really work but it did pass the time.....got out....went back.....had 3 biopsies of a lump that is less than 3 mm.....cant be much left can there? And now I wait in that strange disconnected head space where the Cancer demon lurks and drools......4-7 business days to get the results.....so in the meantime I will felt and try not to worry about cancer and not having a job and anything else that wants to worm into my brain....ok venting done....now onto the pictures..... Kats in AV did these yesterday and I am so over the moon thrilled with them. Most are portfolio bound. But I wanted to share them here first...

4 comments:

  1. Nice work, lady! I will be thinking about you and your boob, and not in a really awkward way. Fingers crossed for good news. though I am curious, how do you even biopsy a thing that is 3mm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear....and to biopsy you take a HUGE ass needle on a staple gun thing....you freeze the boob and talk really quiet in an effort to calm the patient when in fact this patient just gets irritated..lol....then you try and stab the rolling lump in the middle of the frozen boob a few times and click the gun part 3 times and hope that you got it.....if not the surgeon will remove it asap.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks.....I will take all the prayers i can get...lol

      Delete