Monday, February 27, 2012

Smaller textural felting scarves

I have made 10 shawls in the new collage style in preparation for the ART IN FASHION show on April 1 at the Seymour Art Gallery in North Vancouver.....with those complete I am now moving on to flower pins (6 done last night) and some smaller thinner scarves 2 done thus far. My production was slowed this weekend with the wee kiddies here for a night as poor old Diana was sicker than a pig.....also baby sitting the grand dog who incidentally also has the runs.....needless to say not a lot of felting was done. I did make some play dough for the kiddies and I made clay pins and buttons while they made played playdough......got an hour in that way. My anxiety around not knowing if and when a kid will be placed here is fueling my creative energy, as always felting is a way to self soothe for me.....When the show is done I will take some pieces to various stores I have lined up. Since I last blogged i have spent 5 days working with an elderly client in the beginning stages of dementia, ......it made me realize that my skill set is a little more varied than I originally thought, Anyway the old dear gave me some lovely saris so watch for some interesting felt pieces in the upcoming days. This scarf is hot of the press yesterday, peach silk with merino felt and some shibori-ed poly bits and bobs...nice length to wear with a sweater or with a coat.....very light....next a sneak peak at the flower pins which could become an obsession.....I am LOVING them.

No comments:

Post a Comment