Sunday, February 12, 2012

Reflections

The only problem with using dyes that are discontinued is when you get a colour you truly love there is no way to repeat it. Well, strictly speaking thats not true it will just require experimentation and due dilligence and a bit of record keeping.... This is Deka Ruby Red...first bath and exhaust bath, truthfully it was the exhaust bath that i wanted in the beginning as I need pink for my cherry blossom entry but I ended up LOVING this red, now normally I am not a red gal but this one I like. The other colour is DEKA orange. These are dyes I got from Anthea and I am wondering if maybe Idye which is similar to Deka might be worth a shot. I woke this morning with the most intense headache, a kind of brain numbing neck twisting torture. After a bit of reflection I realized that this is what always happens when the two sides of my life collide. Working with an a Aspergers individual whose constant criticism and intense complaining take its toll when it is compounded with layers of misconception and manipulation.....mostly I dont take this stuff personally but that in itself requires energy and a certain amount emotional self protection which fights against the artist part and the need to be open and expressive...hence the crashing head. My solution and salvation is to throw myself into creating something I love......The boat may be sinking but I will be felting....lol. Again I have been reflecting on the whole cancer experience and how it changed my life, for which I will be ever grateful.....There seems to be a huge amount of people I know beginning (or ending as the case may be) that journey at the moment and that looms before me as next month is mammogram month.....lol, not that it is any big deal, I must have had a million by now but sitting in that hall in a blue gown waiting is a stark reminder of how fragile the balance is and how truly lucky I am......beside that all else pales. And just an intresting and surprising little snippet before i get out the felting mats.......I think chemo changed my sense of smell.....when did it start to like patchouli? I have spent YEARS avoiding it.....and yesterday decided to buy myself a treat and got a small package of aromatherapy bubble bath....patchouli and sweet orange and thought I was in heaven.....how weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment