Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Will I still know how to crochet when I don't know who I am?

Left the house in disaster mode after discovering I love these remade t's and and now working it into something else....(why didnt I buy all that jersey at the sale....why do I never know ahead of time what I will need....no wonder I am a packrat!)and started a new job this morning working with an elderly client with dementia. I wonder if dementia is a chance to put a life time of crap to bed and just live again, childlike and innocent.....it gives one pause for thought as well all have these stress levels of incredible volumes....why? when life is so precious do we judge and limit and control.....I dunno, sometimes turning it off doesn't seem so awful. The interesting thing though is when handed wool and a crochet hook her hands fall deftly into rhythm and she asks simply "what do you want" then puts it down examining the large hook I had given her incredulously..'too big' she says and I laugh at my arrogance thinking that she would find it easier and I make a mental note to bring a laceweight hook next time. When I am 90 and can't find the toilet and peer at the same faded picture endlessly I wonder if I will still remember how to crochet? And on the getting ready for the show agenda I have made some bags to pack purchases in for clients. I picked up volumes of window sheer at the social fabric sale and have disperse dyed them with 'Diva's Niche and a bird....the bird is just because I had them done and they look cool....anyway quite pleased with the results as I think it is nice to wrap the purchases artistically....and on that note Im going to make tea and plan another project....

No comments:

Post a Comment