Thursday, January 14, 2016

Wow, its been a busy week. Yesterday I was interviewed by Sheryl Mackay from CBC Radio One about The Community Yurt Project and my personal art practice and the now defunct Textile Arts Program at Cap U. It was lovely having her and Sheila Peacock in the shop it was like a visit with old pals even though I had never met either of them. Then today I was off the the environmental school in Maple Ridge to meet with the principal about the upcoming Wool Processing segment I will be presenting there. What a wonderful glorious school…..kids reading in groups out in the forest amid the mist, a fire going in one of the tents and a homey yurt that is the base of the encampment. What lucky kids to attend such a hub of learning in such a low tech space, watch, these are the kids that will be successful, these are the thinkers, the savers of the planet. I could feel it standing in their presence. Here is a link to the environmental school http://es.sd42.ca/ and another link to CBC North by Northwest https://www.facebook.com/cbcnxnw

No comments:

Post a Comment