Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Well this is that thing. I used some rusted silk from school, its a vintage piece I think with kind of a crepey texture and some light pink flocked cotton lawn not unlike the old fashioned dotted swiss and some linen bits and some poly textured bits for pop. The wool is merino dyed last summer in an exhast bath of horsetails and yarrow......a very pale colour with a real vintage aged look......kind of reminiscent of the mineral vat dyes I love so much When the scarf was done I had enough left to make a piece of felt that I should be able to construct a hat out of. I am really loving this piece although I definitely need Kats to take the photos and my little digital does not do it justice......but until then here are my shots....one of the scarf, one close up and one of the fabric still damp and hanging over the shower rail.

2 comments:

  1. What glorious colors and textures! You're right...it does have a vintage look. It will make a terrific hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.....pictures are soooo bad....but I am really pleased with it so will get pro pics done soon.

    ReplyDelete